Subject: Leica Pressure... WTB M3+ Rigid 50 Summicron
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:53:58 -0800

I am looking to replace my old M3 with non collapsible 50MM Summicron.

I have been offered a broken shutter M3 for $1200, several M6, and an M2 in
primo shape.
A few fungused elmars,  ditto summitar, ditto 90 MM elmar,
a 50MM Summicron with scratches on the front surface which I am promised do
not affect the quality of picture,,,,,,,,

come on now, this is silly!  I think the LUG can do better....... I want to
use the M3 camera and 50 Summicron.
I need working equipment.

Let me be clear in what I want:

This will be a user piece, not a collectible.  Physical condition is not
terribly important.  Operation is important.
The M3 is because the VF is a 1:1 with the eye not using the VF, allowing
the user to keep both eyes open.
The 50 Summicron should be a rigid non-close focus version with NO OPTICAL
PROBLEMS

I would accept offers of more than this equipment, but really this is what
I want.

Does anyone in the LUG have a beater M3 that they wish to sell?
Ditto a rigid 50MM Summicron, optics absolutely clear.
You can add another camera type, a few lenses, etc. but please, the M3 and
the Summicron.

Please excuse the whinning.... too many off target responses.

Thank You
Frank Filippone
red735i@worldnet.att.net