Subject: Re: Odd little lens hood
From: "Brian Levy" <dlevy@worldy.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 21:47:00 +0000

The 5.5 means it is a Series 5.5. The lens uses series 5.5 filters
which were then held in place by the lens shade. The Elmar -C had a
maximum aperature of f/4. I don't use the Elmar, having a German
Rokkor instead, but the 40mm Summicron C which used the same Series
5.5 arrangement is a filter thread of 39mm for screw on filters,
shades, if the 135 has a 39mm thread, it should screw on, but may
vignette.

Was the aperture 5.5 on that CL lens? will this hood be ok on a 90/4 or
135?  Thanks again.  Nowell

At 2:49 PM 2/4/97, Ken Wilcox wrote:
>Sounds like the original hood for the 90mm Elmar C for the CL body.
>
>kw
>
>>I picked up a  Leitz rubber collapsable lens hood that bears the # 12517,
>>and the info C4/90-5.5.  It is not in any of my books.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
>>Nowell
>>
>>Chapel Hill, NC
>>
>>Although love may fail, courtesy should prevail.
>
>----
>Ken Wilcox                                Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
>LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
>                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>

Chapel Hill, NC

Although love may fail, courtesy should prevail.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Scarborough Ont.