Subject: Copying with R Leicas (A wee bit off topic)
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 15:29:41 -0800 (PST)

At 10:59 PM 02/02/97 -0800, you wrote:

>David,
>All I own is R. I have lots of it and use all of it.
>To be completely honest, I do
>own one Nikon. An FM2 mounted on my Beseler Slide Duplicator. It sees most
>of the world through the eyes of a Leica R and Linhof.

Hi Jim!

Sounds like a good use for a Nikon!  I used to have an old 'F', and rather
liked it, but *much* prefer the R series and Leitz/Leica glass.

Question:  When copying slides (to print film) I get a huge gain in
contrast.  Short of using a specialized copy film (I do too little of it to
warrant that) can you (or anyone on this list) recommend a commonly
available neg film with lower contrast (or any "tricks of the trade" that
will lower contrast)?

Thanks.

David Young             |  The customer is always right!
Victoria, B.C. CANADA   |  Ignorant perhaps. Conufused,fickle,
youngs@IslandNet.com    |  even abysmally stupid. But never wrong.