Subject: Re: See Leica Pix
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 17:07:25 -0500 (EST)

At 03:00 PM 2/3/97 -0800, you wrote:
>LUGnuts:
>

>He will be giving presentations:
>
>March 25, Tuesday at ASMP/Colorado (Denver)

Thanks.  My son lives in Fort Collins--maybe an excuse to get out there.

>He has been using the R8 for a couple months now and said it is simply the
>finest camera he has ever owned.  And that the only exposure errors it has
>made is when he overroad the cameras' suggestions.  And the the mirror
>slap problem of the R7 has been solved.  R8 hand holdable to lower shutter
>speeds.

This is all good news.  I should point out that, at least if anecdotal
evidence is put together with my experience, all the R cameras from R4
through R7 have a mirror slap problem.  Indeed, I finally got an R6, not
because of its manual-ness (is that a word?), but because the mirror lifter
gave noticeably sharper results with macro shots.

>Donal Philby
>San Diego>

Charlie (considering becoming the artist known as MOI)
Charles E. Love, Jr.
CEL14@CORNELL.EDU