Subject: Changing Leica Market
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 08:01:54 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 08:04 PM 2/3/97 -0800, Stephen Gandy wrote:
>
> >The IIIF he found is a BD, check the number.
> >
> >Nearly ALL screwmounts after years of storage need at least a CLA, and
> >half of those will need new curtains.   I made that assumption when
> >evaluating the price.
>
> Believe me, back East a IIIf BD with a clean body, even if it needs a CLA,
> will run a minimum of $400 and possibly more.  I just spent the last few
> minutes running through my back-file of pricelists and catalogues looking
> for some other items and noticed that even the average IIIF bd's are going
> up, up, up.

its strange how the Leica market changes, and is different in not only
differenet countries, but also different parts of the US.

On the West Coast, only IIIGs, truly mint screw mount bodies, and rare
screw mounts are selling quickly.  the rest of the screw mount market is
dead and going down compared to prices six months ago.

personally I set little store (damn, what a great pun) in published
store price lists, I only care about the prices I am getting over the
table at shows.

Stephen Gandy