Subject: Advantages of Leitz/Leica enlargers?
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 23:06:35 +0000

I'm preparing to resume doing some of my own processing, after not doing
so for some years. And I'm wondering about enlargers. I'm very curious
to understand what the advantages of using Leica enlargers are. With
Leica cameras, I am very clear in my own mind why I use them- I use them
so I can use Leica lenses. I prefer the look of the results. That's the
main reason (I also like the bodies and the (for the most part) low-tech
designs and of course the long-term viability of the system/s). But once
that "look" is on film, and given such things as even illumination, I
don't quite see why I can't use any good enlarger/lens combination to
print from it. Any explanation or clarification would be appreciated.
- --
JB