Subject: Marylin Monroe photo book (shot with Leicas)
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:31:25 +0000

I've just got a book of B&W Marylin Monroe pics shot by a Canadian
photographer in 1952. It's called "Falling for Marylin" by Jock Carroll.
He refers to using Leicas for the pictures and there is one round his
neck in the picture of him in the back.

It's the first Marylin photo book I've seen that is truly heart-warming.
He manages to show the what I feel must be real her, rather than (as
most other books I've got do) as a two-dimensional tragic/erotic icon.
The pictures are great- pretty much the best I've seen of her. For
Marylin lovers this is an absolute must. Well that's my somewhat
subjective reaction anyway. Has anyone else seen it?
- --
JB