Subject: Limitations of having 50mm as my only lens.
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:31:25 +0100

Hi, as some of you might remember, I switched to the M system (M6 + =
Summicron 50 f/2) not very long ago. I couldn=B4t afford (you know what =
I mean) but a single lens, so I thought at first, and after giving a lot =
of consultation to the pillow that a 50mm was the only option.
I am an amateur documentary photographer, and without making one of =
those "off subject" posts called "My biography", I will tell you that I =
am getting ready economically, educationally(??) and psychologically to =
start doing the search for experience (both human and proffesional), =
subject, style, etc.. in maybe conflictive areas of the globe with =
NGO=B4s.

In a recent reportage that I did in a school of gifted kids, inside =
classrooms, I started noticing the limitations of depth of field working =
at 800 ASA, 1/60 sec and f/4 - f/5.6.

This, and the fact that every documentary photographer whose work I =
admire, happens to use (or have used in case dead) Leicas and a 35 mm as =
the "almost-only-lens-used".

What I would like to bring up is not only a matter of budget, but what =
seems to be a personal choice of this "a-o-l-u" for style reasons.=20
What are the limitations I will encounter if I keep on just with my =
50mm? Should I start seriously thinking into trading it for a 35mm and =
if so, what would I gain (obviously not money) technically speaking?

	Hope this is interesting for other owners of a "a-o-l-u".

P.D: Apart from this maybe paranoic dilemma, I am really happy with the =
performance of my Summicron.

				Nicolas Levinton. SPAIN
				nicolev@jet.es