Subject: Re: Leica M5 vs M6
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 11:33:30 -0500

At 10:35 PM 1/24/97 -0800, Stephen Gandy wrote:

>Mint M6 bodies, whether black or chrome, regularly sell at the West
>Coast Shows over the table to the public in the $1700-1800 range.
>Recently the prices of Leicas have dropped as the new public company
>seek to move merchandise.  A few advertisers in Popular have adjusted to
>the new prices, advertising bodies for $1950 or so new.
>
>I regularly see Mint black M5 bodies quickly sell in the $2200 range,
>with the rarer chrome bodies quickly selling in the $2900 range.

COME EAST, YOUNG MAN!  The experience at Eastern shows is a bit different.
M6's go in the $1,800 range GENERALLY for E++/M- condition, and a three-lug
M5 may raise to that on a given day.  A two-lugger, though, will bring a
fair amount less.

I have the February, '97, issue of Pop before me as I write this:  B&H
(after rebate):  $2195, Adorama (before rebate) $2495, Focus $2795.  If
anyone is at $1950, I can't find their ad!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!