Subject: Leica IIIe FS -- CHEAP!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:19:13 -0500

Now that I've gotten your attention ... there was no IIIe, for reasons never
properly explained, though a gazillion explanations have been offered.  The
'f' for flash is perhaps as good as any, though the German for flash is 'blitz'.

The IIIc was the normal camera and, in the course of events, would have been
replaced by the IIId in '42 or so if the War hadn't intervened.  The IIIf
comes along in '51, eleven years after the IIIc.  No one knows who killed
the IIIe or even what it looked like, to my knowledge.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!