Subject: Memory Jogger
From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 17:17:08 +0000

Arnold Don Abravanel <arniea@ibm.net> wrote:
> Any tricks for remembering what film is in your camera??  If I load film
> in a M3, IIIA, or any other camera that does not have an ASA indicator,
> I sometimes do not remember what's in it if I do not complete a roll, and
> put it away for a period of time.

I have all my cameras fitted with doodads made from cut-down conference
name badges (the kind that has a channel into which you fit a slip of
paper, and then snap in a bit of clear plastic to cover it) which hold
the end of the film box.  Remove the pin on the back, trim to the width
of the end of a cassette box, glue a piece of leather on the back large
enough to loop round your strap, and you're done.  About half an hour's
work with scissors, a hot knife and a tube of superglue.  Because they go
round the strap rather than get stuck on the camera like the film type
indicators you buy in shops, they don't damage the finish.

jack@purr.demon.co.uk  -  Jack Campin, 2 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AE