Subject: Re[2]: Leitz lenses (ab)used for MF/LF
From: eesyliu_at_eenw02po@smtpgwy.polyu.edu.hk
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 97 10:08:41 HKT

     I don't think that the companies are intented to design their lenses
     to cover the MF and LF. If you find, for a certain lens, the field of
     the image produced is large enough for MF and LF, the lens is probably
     using the centre of the image for 135mm. It is because at the centre
     of the image, the quality is the best. I think no lens designer like
     to adopt the periphery of the field.

     Michael
     eesyliu@ee.polyu.edu.hk