Subject: Re: MR4 meter calibration
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:35:37 -0500

   From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
   Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 13:39:08 -0700 (MST)

   >You wrote:
   >
   >> Dear Leicafolk,
   >>
   >> I use a M4-2 to which I have added a black MR meter - the one with the
   >> 90degree angle of view, light reading lever on top...

   If your meter switch is on top you have an MR-4 meter. The angle of view is
   not 90 deg., but rather equal to that of a 90mm lens which is more like 27 deg.

Actually, there are later meters marked "MR" that are apparently
identical to the MR-4 -- rather than having the T-switch that the
early MR meters have, they appear to be entirely identical to the MR-4
except in the name engraved on them, which is "MR".  I recently bought
one of these for my M2, as well as a reprint of the Leica manual for
them.  The Leica manual claims to be for the MR-2 and MR, and treats
them as identical (and they look identical, too).

- -Patrick