Subject: Re: Best Leica Service
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 23:57:56 -0700 (MST)

>Friends,
>
>My R-E body has decided to test my patience by randomly and without
>warning, holding the shutter open when you make an exposure (camera
>usually used on manual,

Just a guess but, the old Nikon FE used to do this when the battery would go
bad. Since you mentioned that your battery tests okay - try cleaning the
contacts and then test firing it a couple of hundred times or so. Does it
seem to make a difference which mode the camera is in?

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA