Subject: Re: What difference between Silver chrome and Black version?
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 01:57:22 -0700 (MST)

>The price of M6's black body is equal to that which silver chrome version.
>But the price of black lenes is cheaper than that silver chrome version. I
>don't know why. Does any one know that?.....:-)
>

>wenshend@ms1.hinet.net
>Taichung,Taiwan,R.O.C.

The chrome lenses are fitted with brass barrels. The black versions are
aluminum. I've been told that the chrome was made in smaller numbers,
although when the rebate program was first brought about it included chrome
lenses only.

I read this to indicate that Leica couldn't sell the chrome lenses - thus
the incentive program. Since then, of course, black lenses have been
included in the rebate deal.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO