Subject: Re: I just bought a IIIA
From: dwp@deltanet.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 97 15:12:50

In <199701111914.MAA23964@phobos.frii.com>, on 01/11/97 at 12:14 PM,
   bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes) said:

>I just shook hands over the phone on a IIIA, 50 Summar and 90 Elmar. The
>camera and 50 are 1937 prod., the 90 is 1949. This is my first screw
>mount and I'm excited. I should get it next week by mail. Anybody know
>anything about a "universal finder" for this camera? What is it?

>It's snowing like crazy here. I cannot see my car. Chris F.: are you here
>or CA? If you're in CA, stay there, it's much nicer I am certain.

>Regards,

>Ben W. Holmes

>Boulder, CO
>USA

Ben,

Two Leitz options.  One the Imarect, the other the bright line finders.

The Imarect has an internal mask for 35mm to 135mm focal lengths. (an
accessory attachment changes the magnification so that the 35mm mask shows
the 28mm field of view)

Magnification of the Imarect is fixed at about 0.5, or 1/2 life size.

The 90mm bright line finder is life size magnification and very nice.

Both have manual parallax correction.  You set the distance and the finder
tilts to compensate for parallax.  No compensation for magnification
changes due to focus distance.

The Imarect can be use with your 50mm as well as the 90mm, obviously.
Some advantage there as you become used to always using the accessory
finder instead of switching between the built in finder and the accessory
finder.

Hope this helps.  Best regards
Dennis

Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown