Subject: Re: "Tripod holder/clamp
From: Reg Ronaldson <reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 17:02:13 GMT

In message <3.0.32.19970110122507.00deae24@inow.com>
        Jim Brick <jimbrick@visualimpressions.com> writes:

> At 11:22 AM 1/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >If the lens is sufficiently long/heavy, couldn't this cause a twisting of
> >the motor/camera body? I seem to remember something about levers and
> >fulcrums from high school physics and your description seems to
describe one.

> >Brian Levy, J.D.
> >Agincourt Ont.
> >dlevy@worldy.com
> >

> The 14284 is for use with lenses that aren't "that" heavy (135, 180,
> 70-210, etc.) Lenses that are heavy enough to cause a "fulcrum/lever"
> problem have their own built-in tripod mount.

> Jim

Further to this subject, in "Leica Lens Practice .." on page 41 there
is a picture of an STA1 Tripod Clamp designed for the 100mm f2.8
Apo-MACRO-ELMARIT-R which clamps around the lens to attach to a
tripod. Wonder if this would fit other short tele lenses which don't
have tripod fitting. Is it still available and how much?

Reg Ronaldson         Norwich
                      Norfolk      >> reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk <<
                      England