Subject: Re: "Tripod holder R4 14284"
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 15:42:23 -0800

At 04:22 AM 1/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Anybody know what the "Tripod holder R4 14284" is?  The ad says it's
>"for use with motor and long lens."
>
>If it's a tripod collar for long lenses, I might want to buy it -- I
>got the Kirk's catalog looking for an adjustable one of these and they
>didn't have any that I saw.

It basically offsets the tripod mount in the bottom of the motor or
(winder) to be forward so there is better balance when using a heavy lens
(a lens without an integral tripod mount.) It has a screw that screws into
the threaded hole in the bottom of the motor and a screw that screws into
the threaded hole on the front of the motor and a piece that protrudes
forward with a threaded hole where you now screw-in your tripod head. It
simply gives you a new tripod mounting hole forward of the original hole.

Jim