Subject: Re: IIIA Found
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 04:13:37 -0500

   From: Arnold Don Abravanel <arniea@ibm.net>
   Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 04:22:03 GMT

   I was searching thru the attic and found a camera, I have been told
   that it was an ancient Leica IIIF w/ a elmar 3.5 5omm lens. I
   checked and it seemed operable. I went to the freezer and got out a
   roll of my sisters film. It being frozen, I microwaved it for 10-15
   secondes to defrost. Being that this was an old camera, I tried it
   with and without a flash. Because of its age can I expect good
   pictures. I have given the film to K-Mart and await the
   results. What is your guess.

If this is a joke, let me follow up by suggesting that next time you
microwave the camera as well, so it can be more sensitive to what the
film just went through.  Or, since it's an old camera, it might not be
microwave-safe; you could try poaching it lightly in water with a
little bit of vinegar for a minute or two.