Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #321
From: sstreble@earthlink.net (Scott Streble)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 06:41:43 -0500

>I have been using this particular lens for some time and I use it wide open at
>f.1 or 1 stop down most of the time while shooting by "available darkness" and
>wondered how many others use theirs in a similar manner?
>
>Or is it used always stopped down, and if so "why"?  When it is such an
>incredible lens at the largest aperture and the ethereal affects of the
>backround either in b&w and certainly with colour.
>
>Not to mention the subject separation while wide open.
>
>Any comments?
>
>ted grant
>

>------------------------------
I have a Noctilux and almost exclusively use it for "available darkness"
(f1 or 1.4).  It's amazing at pulling detail out of some very dark shadows.
I'm currently been working on a series of street prostitutes using this
lense, with much success.  Look at the recent "Leica Fotografie
International".  I've been honored with the cover and a nice spread on the
inside.  I'm very interested in any comments from the members of this
board.  (Critisism always appreciated)

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on galleries that may be receptive
to this style of work?  (Both the street photography and the travel images
in L.F.I.)  I'm about to embark on a trip from Los Angeles (my base) going
to Aspen & Denver, Sante Fe, New York City and London, so I would be
available for personal visits in any of these cities.

Thanks.

Scott Streble