Subject: Re: Noctilux F1 and use?
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:16:26 +0100

   At 09:43 AM 1/6/97 EST, you wrote:

   >I have been using this particular lens for some time and I use it wide open at
   >f.1 or 1 stop down most of the time while shooting by "available darkness" and
   >wondered how many others use theirs in a similar manner?
   >
   >Or is it used always stopped down, and if so "why"?  When it is such an
   >incredible lens at the largest aperture and the ethereal affects of the
   >backround either in b&w and certainly with colour.
   >
   >Not to mention the subject separation while wide open.
   >
   >Any comments?

I use the Noctilux stopped down because I get the most sharp and brilliant
pictures if I have enough light. Beyond f5.6 I can see very little, Beyond f8
I cannot see any improvement.

Besides:
 What produces sharper pictures: Open the lens one stop or use a faster film?
 Has anyone tested the Noctilux in this direction?

christoph

Using an M6 and a Noctilux seems to be the only possibility to take pictures
in a concert without annoying any people around me.