Subject: Re: black enamel or paint? M4
From: eesyliu_at_eenw02po@smtpgwy.polyu.edu.hk
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 97 09:19:22 HKT

     Initially, M4 was made in standard chrome and then black enamel later
     on. Afterwards, black paint and chrome models were introduced. For the
     latest black chrome models, the black chrome was originally developed
     for the M5 by Canada and Wetzlar which was applied to M4. The paint
     models are knows as"LACK" while the black chrome model were known as
     "Schwz" and the black paint models were "Schwz.1". I think the
     difference between enamel and paint is that at the first time paint
     was to be applied to the metal body, the only long-lasting paint is
     enamel which is hard and sticky. It is also more expensive compared
     with paint.(I guess) Later on, quality paint was found and they
     stopped to use enamel. To tell the difference is very easy because I
     got a list of serial numbers which shows all the models. Tell me the
     first 4 digits of the body serial number and I can tell you either it
     is enamel or paint.

     Michael

     eesyliu@ee.polyu.edu.hk