Subject: Re: Leica & stereo
From: matthew tichenor <mticheno@direct.ca>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 13:25:21 -0800

My father owns an M3 and has become a 3D nut. He uses the Stemar 33mm
f/3.5 stereo system with Prism.  It is really an amzing system. I have
seen most of his images and am knocked out by the sharpness and effect.
He uses very fine grain Kodak color reversal, which helps, the colors
are amazing.  The Stemar system was introduced in 1954 and I believe
were mostly built in Canada. The system included the 33mm Lens, Prism
and Lens hood. To view the images, the Stemar Viewer is used, code named
Ohteo, or projection is achieved with stereo projection lenses. We
project with a Prado 500 and Twin Lens Elmar 50mm f/3.5.

The format is unbeatable but unfortunately, like most quality Leica
equipment, it is very collectible, and the price very high.

About the beamsplitter, I believe Leica made one for the Leica 1, 11 and
111 model cameras. It was called the Stereoly. I am not sure if it would
work on an M6 or not, some adapters may be required.

Hope this helps,
Matthew