Subject: Re: Diminishing Market
From: jredfern@drumdancer.com (J. Redfern)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 21:05:12 -0500

>She said that the market has changed so quickly since 1989-90 when he
>shot the book, that she didn't think he would be able to do such a
>project today.  And the book itself was not a serious source of income
>for him.

In what way would the book market be changing? I seem to recall reading
somewhere that the last few years have been bumper years for the photo book
industry with numbers of books published being high. (Certainly the numbers
on the shelves of the stores would seem to bear this out)
        I also would have thought that Lantig's sort of stuff would be in
VERY high demand as the average book store shelf is drowning in animal/eco
coffee table volumes.
"J"