Subject: Re: most durable camera
From: Chris Fortunko <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 17:59:41 -0700

David,

I second your thoughts. My SL2 is built like a diesel truck or Hanomag
tractor. In conjuction with my "diesel" 180mm Elmarit (1.5kg lens) it is as
steady as the rock of Gibraltar. It also feels like a real camera.
Unfortunately, the later Rs feel more like a Nikon FM, which, incidentally,
is a good camera.

Chris

_________________________________
>Subject: most durable camera
>Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
>Date:    1/3/97 2:42 PM
>

>In my quest for a camera I have first chosen Leica M.
>
>Maybe I should ask some follow up questions, as it sounds like a lot of y'all
>shoot SLR's as well: Is the M the most rugged and durable? I have been
>reading a lot about Nikon F cameras that suggest they might be. Also,
>My local Leica dealer has a VERY good deal right now on the R7. How is
>that one for durability? As a side issue, which models (regardless of
>brand) tend to be easiest to disassemble/assemble for repair (maybe done
>by the owner rater than the repair shop)?
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

C.M. Fortunko
Group Leader, Materials Characterization (853.05)
Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80303

tel. (303)497-3062     FAX (303)497-5030
e-mail: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov