Subject: Dreaded "Christmas Tree Test."
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 21:30:58 -0600

This is a highly scientific definitive test of coma (unless the tree is too
dreadful - like after the cat climbs it).  It takes years of study and
mental preperation.  It may also be highly unrepeatable.

Take one Christmas tree with lights lit.  Take one Leica camera with lens.
Determine a suitable distance.  Focus on the tree lights, determine
exposure, and shoot (or put out of focus and shoot).

To refine test use a tripod.

I actually shot tree lights at a local mall.

Actually, I don't remember where I first read about it, where it was called
the "dreaded Christmas tree test" - but I believe it was in a publication
about Leica cameras.  Anyone else that has seen it called that???

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK