Subject: Re: M6 Titanium
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 97 22:23:28 -0000

> Is there more to the M6 Titanium body than just a beautiful surface? Is
> there brass underneath rather than the die-cast aluminum and zinc the
> Black and Chrome M6 is made of?

>My '96 vintage (pre-photokina) M6-catalogue says that the tinanium =
version
>has in a fact a top and bottom plate made of titanized brass.
>(see p28 in german catalogue. Order No. german: 910 478, english: 910 =
479).

>a happy '97 to all! And, as Oddmund wrote some weeks ago, Leicas to
>the people ;) !
>
>Stefan

Thank you Stefan! This only confirms what I=B4ve already been told =
off-line. And it really pleases me since the Titanium M6 I=B4m about =
to buy thereby is on par with my old M3s!

In other words the Titanium M6 is as close to the real sturdy and =
classic Leica one can get today. Brass is what it takes! Is there =
anyone who doesn=B4t agree?

Anyway, wouldn=B4t it be strange if almost US$500 extra only got you =
a different, however pretty, surface?

So far -97 looks good here in Sweden

Claes