Subject: Re: Censorship?
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 11:43:29 -0800

Oddmund Garvik wrote:

> At 18:12 30/12/1996 -0800, Stephen Gandy wrote:
> >After deleting 30 or more useless emails about Hats, I'm getting tired
> >of it since the List is supposed to be about Leicas.
> >
> >If you guys think its so interesting, how about starting your own list
> >about it?
> >
> >I don't mind a few digressions here and there, but this is starting to
> >get ridiculous.
> >
> >Please stay on a bit more on topic.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Stephen Gandy
> >

> Is it more difficult for you to use the <Delete> button than for other
> LUGers? I use this button frequently without complaining. Whether an e-mail
> is useless, or not, depends upon the addressee.
>
> "This list is intended to be used by people who take photographs with Leica
> and other rangefinder cameras." Why would you try to limit the discussion?
> Why assume the authority of a judge? I think it is interesting to elucidate
> photography with rangefinder cameras in all its aspects. Let this be a free
> forum for free speech!

Well Oddmund,  you seem to have some confusion about the definition of
"Censorship" and "Staying on Topic".

My right to complain about non Leica topics is freedom of speech.

IF the list does not restrict itself to Leica related topics, soon we
are discussing anything and everything, therefore defeating the
definition of a "Leica List."

My post had nothing to do with Censorship.  It had to do with Staying On
Topic.

And of course, you or anyone else can post anything NOT related to
Leica,  but I or anyone else can also complain about it.   Authority has
nothing to do with it.

And no, Oddmund, I do not care about your thoughts on Freedom or
Censorship.  Please Please Please save that for the "Freedom or
Censorship" list.

I only care about your thoughts on Leicas.

Stephen Gandy