Subject: Re: M6 shutter jams open
From: dwp@deltanet.com
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 97 11:38:18

In <2.2.32.19970101055057.006c25c8@magna.com.au>, on 01/01/97 at 04:50 PM,
   George Moore <gmoore@magna.com.au> said:

>Hi, season's greetings to all

>Just back from a hiking trip to the Smowy Mountains (Australia) ... on
>the last day my M6 jammed, it now sits useless with the shutter open.

>(thank goodness I had some back up ... M2 & R7)

>Can this problem be fixed by the user, or does it need a repair

>To be honest I think I'm still in shock as my built like a tank, M6 has
>let me down for the first time in 6 years

George,

First, Happy New Year, sincerely!   I have seen this happen when the slow
speed shutter mechanism fails to complete its timing sequence.  Usually
due to not being used often and in need of CLA.  If the 2nd shutter
curtain does not release and complete its travel the camera is 'jammed'
and film advance does not function.

I don't know if there is a way for the user to 'fix' this jam but would
recommend sending to a competent repair person to CLA.

BR
Dennis

Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown