Subject: Re: wtb : 50 Summicron Lens for M series
From: Mark Bergman <BMWR100R@mwci.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 23:37:59 -0800

John and Barbara Osterholm wrote:

>   I am looking for a good "user" black 50mm f.2 Summicron for my M4-2
> As long as the glass is ok,I'm not too concerned about the black finish
> being perfect.

As far as I'm concerned they are all users.<G>.  I have one that is in
decent condition just shows some wear on barrel but otherwise alright.
Will include lens hood (VG) but I'm not sure if I have any extra caps.
It's a black Canadian. $500.  I also have a 50 F1.5 Summarit in real
nice condition but has some dirt inside ( doesn't affect picture quality
but could use a cleaning ~$35).  $ 325.  I want to sell one or the
other.  The Summarit is an amazing lens and I really like it.  Not quite
as contrasty as the Summicron but for low light portraits it makes a
fantastic rendition.  for all around use the Summicron would be a better
choice.

Thanks Mark