Subject: Re: Adorama 28mm M lens?
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: 28 Dec 96 15:08:49 -0600

Marc, thanks re the Jupiter (12), I see that Mark Chaney has this and the
28mm Orion 15 for good-sounding prices. I will have to price M adaptor
rings before taking the plunge, but I know of at least one local dealer who
stocks them. I have not tried a KMZ or OptStekla product before, but I hope
those lenses are better in handling bright highlights than the current Kiev
MF lenses are. Like my Minox 35EL, these have good sharpness, but bright
highlights take on a slightly smeared, burnt-out quality (this is well
before the onset of anything resembling flare, mind you) which is less than
flattering.

And to the OTHER Mark who replied (why is everyone named Mark or some
variation thereof?) yes, I agree that those prices are not super cheap. I
might've considered one if it had been a knockout performer, but since it
would seem that it's not the case, I'll consider other avenues. Suffice to
say that I'm too well-aquainted with the taste of oatmeal for breakfast and
peanut butter for lunch NOT to be cautious about how I spend my money.

By the way, if anyone's interested in it, I have a brand-new leather case,
as delivered with the current 50mm collapseable Elmar-M. It looks to be
identical to the current 50 Summicron-M case. I'll be happy to part with it
for $5 if you can stop by in person to pick it up (Boulder, Colorado), or
$10 if I have to ship it. Trades for unused Zone System stickers (Pentax
Digital Spot) are welcomed.
Specializing in interesting, quality junk.
Sherline items sought