Subject: what if Leica cut R prices?
From: Paul Winkfield <paul@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 14:03:37 -0500 (EST)

I've been following the thread about slow selling R lenses and wondered,
if Leica cut prices, say 30 percent, would they sell more stuff, thus
making up for slow sales? I'd rather sell more for less (as long as I'm
making some profit)

On the other hand, if retail prices fell, would used prices also fall
thus less profit for retailers? (Don C. , did you resubscribe?)

Not asking for a course in economics, but I often feel Leica defy all
sence of economics!;-)

Note: I do know our dollar took a beating to the Mark years ago (since '85)
but some pro's said that the high cost prevent them from using Leica, even
getting insurance can be rough(their words)
 <paul>