Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #307
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 16:50:59 -0500

At 02:11 PM 25-12-96 -0500, Stan wrote:

>Excerpts from mail: 25-Dec-96 Leica-Users List Digest V1 .. by
>Listmgr@mejac.palo-alto.
>> The meters with the "ring resistor" such as the DP-1 have the high failure
>> rate; the DP-3 and DP-12 are very reliable.  They may not be repairable, but
>> nothing ever happens to them.
>>
>I had heard this before (that the DP-3/-12 don't have the dread rr).
>What then does the DP-3 post or DP-12 AI tab move inside the finder, if
>not a contact finger on the rr?
>
>FYI, I have a mint DP-1 and a user DP-3, both in fine health. Today.

I have no idea.  There must be some other mechanism that accomplishes the
same thing.  What happens in most auto-aperture SLRs (for instance, the new
Leica R8 - I had to mention Leica somewhere in this thread!) when you turn
the aperture ring?

I too have a DP-1, but I think that it is starting to go.  The needle is
acting a little jumpy (though a Nikon guy says it only needs cleaning).

Dan C.