Subject: Re: lightmeter for an old M
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 96 15:41:32 -0800

>>I may go the route of purchasing a pre lightmeter M body. Can anyone
>>suggest a few good lightmeters on the market? I could then go to some
>>local places and request to look at some. Also, what are the common prices
>>for these things?

>A good one to consider is the Sekonic L-308B Flashmate ...
I like this meter a lot, but when I played with the L328 DigiLite model
I was more impressed with that model. The swivelable sensor dome and
the ability to take a 5 degree spot viewfinder were worth the extra
money for me. And the flat diffuser allows for very accurate lighting
ratio calculations. I think it was a bit more than the Flashmate and
the viewfinder is somewhat expensive, but I find it to be very accurate
and reliable.

Having the flash metering capabilities is a bonus which has come in
handy on several occasions now. The controls and display of the Sekonic
line are very simple and easy to understand.

>Gossen also makes a Luna-Pro Digital
Gossen meters have always been excellent, however I find the controls
and display of the current crop of Gossen digital meters somewhat
confusing in use. I chose the Sekonic over the Gossen on this basis
as the sensitivity and accuracy of either was pretty much identical.

Godfrey