Subject: 4.5/10.5 Xenar
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 14:54:40 -0500

I refuse to give away the exciting plot of my forthcoming LEICA THREAD-MOUNT
LENSES, where this lens is discussed, but I will hint, rather broadly, that
the lens, while not common, appears from time to time.  It is more common in
uncoupled (scale-focusing) form.  I don't recall ever hearing of one in a
Viso fitting.  Is this for PLOOT/VISO I (62.5mm optical registration) or
VISO II/IIa/III (40mm optical fitting)?

If it is for direct mount, the tube will be about three inches long
(10.5-2.88 = 7.62cm)
If for PLOOT, the tube will be about 1/2" long (10.5-9.13 = 1.37cm)
If for VISO II & later, the tube will be about 1 1/2" long (10.5-6.88 = 3.62cm)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!