Subject: Re: Poll re: Don Chatterton
From: dwp@deltanet.com
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 96 18:33:29

In <2.2.32.19961221231134.0068bc08@arc1.mrd.bldrdoc.gov>, on 12/21/96 at
04:11 PM,
   Chris Fortunko <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov> said:

>I am curious who the objectors were. They should come out of the closet
>and share some of their objections with us.

>I don't know Don Chatterton, but have had a good experience dealing with
>him.

>I know that the Leica Historical Society had a problem with another
>dealer who was taking advantage of the Tuscon meeting to hold an activity
>that was not blessed.

>Regards,

>Chris

I think its not so much a matter of who but why.  Why should a dealer be
barred from this list.  Honest dealers will honor such a rule, others can
simply subscribe via an intermediary and get information.

It seems that as long as a person is not being commercial then if they can
make some contribution to the group they should be welcome here.

Dennis