Subject: Re: More problems with R4
From: eesyliu_at_eenw02po@smtpgwy.polyu.edu.hk
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 96 15:27:11 HKT

     Try to adhere some hard black spronge over the window.

Subject: More problems with R4
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at SMTP
Date:    12/20/96 3:13 PM

I just remembered a problem I have been having my R4.
The problem has to do with the little film window on the back door. The
material which keeps this window light proof and which lines certain
parts of the back door has recently begun to disintegrate. I had to
place a small piece of black tape over the window to prevent light leak.
The material is now starting to cake up and sometimes falls into the
body of the camera, which may cause obvious problems with the camera.
Have you seen this problem before? If so, what have users done in the
past to fix the problem?

Thanks for any help,
Matthew