Subject: Re: Summicron & Genealogy
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 20:07:46 -0500

At 09:58 PM 12/17/96 +0000, Michiel wrote:

>The front element is about 5mm closer to the filmplane compared to a
>summicron NF, but also the rear element is closer to the filmplane.
>Why wouldn't leica discuss this?

THAT I don't know.  I just know I am a-swamp in Leitz literature of the era,
and the distinction is never noted.  This was the topic of a hot thread on
the old RP Misc a couple of years back.  I had a couple of rigids at the
time, and I measured all of them and found that, damn!, there is a difference.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!