Subject: M3 shutter speed
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 96 09:13:58 PST

     Hi,

     I bought a M3 and have a question.
     The 1 sec shutter speed is a little longer like 1 and a quater sec.  I
     checked the fast speed also by firing the shutter looking toward a
     halogen lamp with the back door open.  With the two other known good M
     cameras, I could see the whole lamp, but with the new M3 I could only
     see about half of the lamp.  I think it fires much faster than
     1/1000th sec at 1/1000th sec.  I wonder if this is the first symptom
     for a future shutter problem.  If it is, I want to return it.
     I would appreciate any of your opinion.

     Regards,
     David
     seungmin@luxcom.com