Subject: Re: 90 mm f/4 rokkor ?
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 18:12:45 -0800

Ernie Nitka wrote:

> I have just acquired the 90 mm f/4 Rokkor lens for M series.  I know
> that this is the same as the 90 mm f/4 Elmar-C made for the CL. What
> I would like to hear from the group is what if any differences there
> is to the Tele-Elmarit f/2.8 which is very similar in look and feel?
>
> Ernie Nitka

All the lenses for the CL and later CLE have outstanding reputations,
with the possible exception of the 28/2.8 Rokkor.  Some have told me
great results, others were not as happy.  Still, at half or less than
half the  price of a 28 Leica lens, it remains a great bargain.

The reputation on the 90/2.8 TELE-ELMARIT is mediocre, however.  That
probably explains why it is discontinued and replaced with a larger
lens--the current 90/2.8 Elmarit.