Subject: Re: Is my IIIC viewfinder inaccurate?
From: "Joe B." <Joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 18:31:12 +0000

In article <UWnRkBAL5xqyEwSJ@dircon.co.uk>, "Joe B."
<Joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> writes
>Is my IIIC viewfinder seriously
>inaccurate? If so, is this usual?

Well I think I can answer my own questions now with yes and yes. I
called my friend Sanjay at Ffordes Photographic today and he got out 2
M6's, a IIIF rd, a IIIF bd and a II and compared the viewfinders in all.
All the screw bodies' viewfinders showed substantially more than the
50mm frames of the M6's.

All of which leaves me now with the question of whether I want to use a
screw body as a lens carrier for a 50mm lens after all. I *love* the
look and feel of screw Leicas but the viewfinder thing has reduced my
enthusiasm somewhat. A user M body is starting to look like a good
alternative, and of course I could put all the M lenses on it too. And
of course two M bodies does make a bit more sense than an M6 and a screw
body I suppose. I'd be interested in other's views on this.
- --
Joe B.