Subject: 35mm Eyes
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 23:51:59 -0500

Re the eyes on the 35mm f2.8 Summaron, they'e easy to remove by merely
extracting two screws; but be careful not to lose the two guide pins that
align the lens flange to the eyes.

The eyes make the M3 somewhat top heavy, but they work very well indeed. I've
gotten used to them.

My experience with Nikon AF lenses is that they don't have the tight specs
that make them useful with a non-AF body; altho the optics quality is very
high. I alway constantly refocus AF lenses when used on a manual body because
I sense that the focus ring is loose. I assume that is true with all brands.
I can't fault Leica for being conservative in the matter of putting out AF
reflex lenses. If precision is the name of the game we play, then manual
lenses can't be equalled in that class.

Bob Rosen