Subject: Re: Kodachrome, Kodalux, Qualudes ...
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 14:54:45 -0500

>Well, OK, but it took them years and years and years to do so, while
>Kodachrome went down the tubes.  They have handled Kodachrome so badly
>(including failing to do any upgrade work on it for years) that it almost
>seems they are trying to get rid of it.

"Upgrade"?? We're talking film here, not software!
What changes would you like to see made to Kodachrome?
I for one have always loathed Fuji's Velvia and have been well depressed by
the herd mentality of both the stock photo industry and the film
manufacturers. Buyers, it seems, won't look at anything that doesn't have
incredibly high contrast coupled with nauseatingly lary colors and the
manufacturers all leap over themselves to supersaturate their palates in
the quest for their very own Velvia clone.
        Kodak's efforts in the Ektachrome line have been hilarious. Their
succession of (W) warmer films looked to me like someone releived their
bladder into the emulsion bucket. Quite vile stuff.
        Surely there's more to colour photography than trying to burn your
retinas out?
        Leave Kodachrome alone and bring it back in 120 format, please.
"J"