Subject: Kodachrome, Kodalux, Qualudes ...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 17:31:27 -0500

Gag me.  Why ANYONE who has respect for themselves, other than those in San
Francisco, would use Fuji's garish colours escapes me completely.  (San
Francisco, a lovely city in which I once lived, has lots of fog.  Fuji film
does fine on grey, nasty, days where it seems almost normal.  On normal
days, it yields prints best left in the gutter on 42nd Street.)

In any event, Kodak was forced to divest themselves of their processing arm
as a settlement on an ANTI-TRUST action:  at the time, they owned too much
of the film, paper, processing, and chemical business to make our fascist
regulators happy, so it went out to a private company.  Years later, a
different regime of fascist regulators determined it would be okay for Kodak
to control Kodachrome processing, so they bought it back.

Spare me.  Kodak does okay, now, with Kodachrome processing.  Love the stuff
- -- as an earlier poster properly noted, 'Kodachrome and Leica belong together'.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!