Subject: Re: Photographing my TV
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 17:41:32 +0000

> In article <199612012219.PAA06011@phobos.frii.com>, Ben Holmes
> <bholmes@frii.com> writes
> >Anyone know what the minimum shutter speed required to make a picture of my
> >TV w/out the scanning effect? I've been making strange pictures with my son
> >in front of the set and keep getting the raster-scan pattern.
>
> I've found 1/15 usually works but I'd use 1/8 if I could. But I'm in the
> UK and we don't use NTSC or whatever it is, but some other standard.

Here in Europe it is the PAL-System which scans every second line
of the picture with 50 Hz. This makes 25 frames per second
and is a little bit slower than the NTSC standard.
Most of time 1/30 will do (I always had "good" [what can be good anyhow if
you take it from a screen? It was more of a joke to me] results with
a 1/30 but you may prefer to take your shots at 1/25 with the older Leicas
or take a slower intermediate speed or just 1/15 to be sure).

best regards
- --
Stefan Kahlert,
Medizinische Poliklnik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de