Subject: Re: M3 No. 895671-What year?
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 18:19:09 -0500

Thanks for the reply Oddmund. I already read Marc's. This goes to show you
one always can learn. For some reason, I thought the Rollei with glass plate
was only the Tele. I do remember the reports when the Contax first came out
with the plate stating that it did make a positive difference in flatness.

At 12:15 PM 11/30/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Brian,
>
>Marc answered while I was out. I think glass is a more steady material in a
>film pressure plate than metal. A friend of mine has a Rolleiflex 2.8 Planar
>with glass film pressure plate. It seems like this Rollei/Planar gives more
>homogeneous negatives (center/border) than the corresponding Rolleiflex with
>metal film pressure plate.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com