Subject: Re: Modern Photography
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 17:53:15 -0500

At 04:53 PM 11/29/96 -0500, Charles E. Love, Jr. wrote:

>Hey, Marc!  Don't you know that the current Pop Photo is run by the same
>people that used to run Modern, including Keppler?  What happened, as
>Keppler tells the story, is that Modern and Pop were both declining in ad
>pages in the '80's, and Modern terminated Keppler and changed regimes.

Charlie

Look at the last issue of Modern:  the story is there.

Keppler's move had nothing to do with it.  Modern's circulation INCREASED
throughout the '80's and (of course) jumped after Keppler left, as their
Truth Quotient went up, dramatically, and their Bullshit Quotient declined,
again dramatically.

The owners of Pop found out the owners of Modern were in a bind, fiscally,
and made them An Offer They Couldn't Refuse to sell out.  So they did.  One
honest thing done was that the owners of Modern insisted Schneider be made
part of the deal.  He and a couple of others were protected.

Spare me from Keppler.  The hero of 'who's advertising this issue?'!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!