Subject: Adapters and Russian rangefinders.
From: granson@nanospace.com (Grant Wilson)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 96 14:06 PST

Is there a Leica screw mount to Nikon F mount adapter available?  I
understand that the lenses will not focus at infinity.  I seem to remember
(from about 1959) that such adapters were once made.  Does anyone have one
they would care to pitch (for a reasonable price)?  When using such an
adapter, assuming they exist, is there a problem with the mirror slaping the
back of  the rangefinder helical mount?

This weekend I was offered a Zenit 4 and three lenses (50mm, 35mm, 85mm --
all Jupiter 8's), with a fitted case and the multifinder (isn't that rascal
just NEAT?) for $100.  I would have bought it, but for the life of me I
couldn't find any shutter speeds below 1/60th of a second.  Anybody know how
to work this particular camera?  What is the best Russian leica copy?  Are
any of them M-mount?

This is "sorta/kinda" on the Leica topic -- isn't it?

Thanks and cheers,

Grant