Subject: Chim and Leica?
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 18:54:20 -0700

Friends,

I have just found an answer to my own question!

On page 161 of CHIM: The Photographs of David Seymour, Bulfinch, there is a
wonderful photograph of Ingrid Bergman (of Casablanca) by CHIM. In this
photo, a reflection of Chim holding a Leica is seen in the mirror hanging
above Ingrid.

Unfortunately, I am not able to find out the type of the camera in this
photograph. Was it M3 or one of the screw mounts?

Best regards,

Chris

Incidentally, it is a wonderful book and I recommend it to others. For those
who don't know, Chim was one of the founders of Magnum. Unfortunately, he
was killed in Egypt during the Suez crisis, four days after the armistice.

Personally, I like his photographs more than those of of his contemporaries,
HCB or Robert Capa.