Subject: Grey market Leica
From: Claes-Göran Bjernèr <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 15:03:41 +0000

Last week I was looking for new Leica M6 in New York. Several stores
offered new ones for around US$2050, but explained that they came from
the "Grey" market. A new M6 with full warranty would cost US$2495.

Can anyone explain the drawbacks with a "Grey" Leica?

To avoid regrets I didn=B4t buy any camera in New York. Will instead buy
an M6 in Tokyo where they go for around US$1700. But, who knows, maybe
that will be a "Grey" Leica as well. The official listprice in Tokyo is
around US$2250.

Regards

Claes